When developing products or trial production of new products, some users often only focus on product research and development at the initial stage, and ignore communication with Plastic Mold manufacturers. After the product design plan is initially determined, there are two benefits to contact with the mold manufacturer in advance:
1. It can ensure that the designed product has a good forming process, and the finalized design will not be modified because the parts are difficult to process.
2. The mold maker can make design preparations in advance to prevent ill-consideration in a hurry and affect the construction period.
3. To produce high-quality Plastic Molds, only the close cooperation between the supply and demand sides can ultimately reduce costs and shorten the cycle.
1. There are many types of molds, which can be roughly divided into ten categories. According to different requirements of parts materials, physical and chemical properties, mechanical strength, dimensional accuracy, surface finish, service life, economy, etc., different types of mold forming are selected.
2. Plastic Injection Molds with high precision requirements need to be processed by high-precision CNC machine tools, and mold materials and forming processes have strict requirements, and CAD / CAE / CAM mold technology must be used for design and analysis.
3. Due to the special requirements of some parts during molding, the mold also needs advanced technology such as hot runner, gas-assisted molding, and nitrogen cylinder.
4. The manufacturer shall have CNC, EDM, wire cutting machine tools and CNC copy milling equipment, high-precision grinders, high-precision three-coordinate measuring instruments, computer design and related software.
5. Generally, large-scale stamping dies (such as automobile covering parts dies) should consider whether the machine tool has an edge holding mechanism, even edge lubricant, multi-station progressive, etc. In addition to stamping tonnage, the number of punches, feeding devices, machine tools and mold protection devices must also be considered.
6. The manufacturing methods and processes of the above-mentioned molds are not available and mastered by every enterprise. When choosing a cooperating manufacturer, you must understand its processing capabilities, not only on the hardware and equipment, but also on the management level, processing experience, and technical strength.
7. For the same set of molds, the quotations of different manufacturers sometimes differ greatly. You should not pay more than the cost of the mold, nor should it be less than the cost of the mold. Mold manufacturers, like you, must make reasonable profits in their business. Ordering a set of molds with a much lower quotation would be the beginning of the trouble. Users must proceed from their own requirements and comprehensively measure.
1. With qualified Plastic Injection Molds (qualified test pieces), it may not be possible to produce batches of qualified products. This is mainly related to the selection of the part processing machine tool, the forming process (forming temperature, forming time, etc.) and the technical quality of the operator.
2. With a good Plastic Injection Mold, there must be a good forming process, it is best to cooperate in one-stop, and try to avoid multi-head cooperation. If the conditions are not met, it is necessary to choose one party to be fully responsible, and it must be clearly stated when signing the contract.